Saturday, April 25, 2009



I think that things like yesterday may be the reason why I am not meant to be a professional bike racer. oh well.





I'm not exactly sure what i'm looking for when i drop off the side of some road. maybe thats just it, maybe thats the whole attraction, those expanses of ponderosas and juniper bushes and pine needles. all that good stuff.



Every one needs a bit of lunacy and wandering to keep life exciting. I'll take mine hiking through the woods. with my bike. following the trails that aren't there, finding random bits of discarded and ironic human remains scattered about in strange and solitary places, phallic rock out croppings, and brilliant little cacti, thanks.







1 comment:

Kevin Kane said...

Sam,

I really enjoy your entries, very Edward Abbey-ish. I envy you for your ability to do these Colorado wanderings. I miss the openness of the United States, the absence of population for hundreds of miles. I left the US thinking that it was a mixing pot of too many negative ideas and articles, but find myself missing the most important part of the US -- Colorado. I think if you ever make the trip over the pond for racing, you will quickly see what I mean. I get claustrophobic.

Anyway, just a little scrap of insight. Write me an email whenever, would love to talk about nothingness with you.

Kevin