Thursday, October 25, 2007

I just got the news that one of my former coaches, Chuck Bolden, lost his battle with leukemia this past Sunday. I can not say that we were the best of friends or that he was like a brother to me, but what I can say is that he will be missed. Despite the limited amount of time I was able to spend with Chuck, his humor, kindness, and sincerity of heart were more than enough to prove to me that he was special. The courage that he had, and the strength it took to face a disease like that, strikes me in a way that very few people ever have. I would like anyone who reads this, whether you knew Chuck or not, to take a moment and sent your thoughts and prayers to Chuck's family and friends. Chuck, not quite sure how to say this, but goodbye you will be missed.

1 comment:

forsure said...

he was such a wonderful man and a tremendous loss. he truly will be missed but we need to stress he did not lose his battle with leukemia. he was healed!!!! something else took him from us