Wednesday, May 14, 2008

hide and seek


When i go riding and look out over all of it. all of that which surrounds us, something tells me there must be something more. some other treasure to dig up... so sick of riding the same five trails again and agian, i set off today on a quest to uncover something with some real value.


Armed with a small scribbled map from some ye olde topo bits, i went up the arroyo to find something. poked around and found one of the routes scoped on the aforementioned map. but rather than some nice trail as promised, its a pair of tire tracks labled as a "wildfire evacuation route" or some bullshit like that. sweet. after you pass right underneath the 10 million dollar house's private tennis court, you pop near a cool area of sunshine. tried to follow another trail there, but it think that was more of a couple deer tracks. have to keep looking. I think they're hiding from me.


rode around a lot more, trying to get to the emancipation mine, but no such luck, I got to like 200 vertical feet below it, and right as I was taking this picture I got a bit freaked and moved out. I'm usually pretty good when I ride by myself, but I think my imagination got away from me.



So I was stopped here to take a picture of this huge hole in the middle of nowhere, listening to my ipod, and all of a sudden I hear something behind me. not like a rustle or anything, but do you know what it sounds like when you've got music going and somebody tries to talk to you and you hear them but not very well and don't know what they said? well it was a lot like that. I coulda sworn somebody said something right behind me. scary? yes. dangerous? probably not. I didn't wait to find out.
Well that was far too long to write about a ride that wasn't that exciting. but it was nice to explore in the cool cloudy weather. very nice indeed.

No comments: