Monday, June 23, 2008

Hectic

I thought that summer vacation was supposed to be a nice long time for kids to lounge around, eat watermelons, and go swimming. I guess I'm not quite lucky enough to fit the stereotypical definition of the average summer. between the intensive O.E.C. training five to six hours a day the last two weeks, the crested butte race last saturday, leaving for deer valley, ut this thursday, and trying to go ride, not nearly enough hours in the day.
Earlier this summer, I had all these grand aspirations to go on epic rides all the time, go to a couple races, and have a generally all around good time. well here we are almost a month through the summer, and the epic ride count remains at like 1.5 or maybe 2. I've only been up to ned two or three times (something i wanted to do two or three times a week) and all I've managed to write here are is stupid whiny bike racing b.s. and a nicely typical fucking flatlander report about the conditions of nederland trails. thats not the kind of thing i like to write about, and most certainly not the kind of thing i would want to read about, so sorry if this site has been boring. i think its time to bring back the cool to my writing. no more shit, thats what i say. hopefully my new abbey book can help me out a bit with that.

No comments: