Tuesday, June 10, 2008

O.G.

after a tough week of sleep deprivation, hot riding, and the SATs, rallied down to gunnison for the original growler race this sunday. I have to say, it completely blew me away. I knew I was signing up for an epic race. dave wiens put it on, and he said it would be epic. I guess i just didn't quite gauge the level of epic-osity that would be delivered. I guess I underestimated Hartman rocks' ability to dish out brutally technical, steep, and winding singletrack. I also took a complete shot in the dark with my fitness that seems to have ricocheted and hit me square in the buttocks. I am far from the level where I need to be to compete for six hours on the bike, and just barely passing at the level of carcass dragging for eight.

At least I did get to witness some very spectacular riding from the other two juniors who competed. Brae took home second overall just behind T-Bone himself, and the Old Man Vigers once again handled the singlespeed men, deftly increasing his wins-this-season-to-races-this-season ratio to 4:6. yes, and that is at 15 years of age, and on a singlespeed.

In other news went down to the velodrome today with the tokyo joe's kids, and scared myself silly on the steep concrete, too much fun.

No comments: