Monday, August 25, 2008



I sat today in school, overwhelmed by the Irony. this is irony of situation, situational irony if you will, that the "greatest" country in the world, this piece that so vehemently defends the so called unalienable rights, has well screwed us over. Physics, was when i thought, who the fuck needs physics, me? not me, i dont give a pile of horse shit about physics, nor about i'd say 99.8 percent of what the idiot box stuffs us with. yet i must, i am helpless. not exactly, I could go postal. that's not solving anything, who the fuck does that help? no one. If we dont give our pile o' horse shit about what is told to us, where to we put that great stinky mess of human involvement? certainly not in the hands of others. it is not our destiny, nor our right to be held captive. me, i say no thanks, i will take my interest and invest it, in the mountains, in the eternal. the eternal which may well prove transient. because to me this is beauty, and cross my grave, I will be out, gone when i can. with the wind? who knows, into the eternal.

sorry if that was morbid, school has got me right well p.o.'d.
a picture to brighten the mood. tone is what the idiot box calls it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll defend physics only because bike physics is neat. Rolling resistance, angular momentum, acoustic wheel building, I could geek out on it all day.

That being said, I spent 4.5 years getting a physics degree. I found all but the first 1.5 years 'neat' but pretty much useless on a day to day basis.

But, physics makes the world go round. It's not so bad.

Who do you have teaching it?

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

I certainly agree that the physics it's self is interesting, but personally, I dont really care about electrostatics and nonlinear momentum and those things. Maybe I should, and maybe I will later in life, but for now I would rather watch the sun rise and set then take tests regarding the red shift that occurs when viewing through a spectrometer ; ).

And I have absolute respect for anyone who chooses to pursue a higher degree in sciences, none the less physics. Just as long as that is what you want to do, and right now, i don't think that's what I want to do. no offense.

I've got Mr. Partridge, he's... a nice guy, but leaves something to be desired in the teaching department. maybe thats what is giving me all this time to think up crazy rants.

DV8 said...

"That which today calls itself science gives us more and more information, an indigestible glut of information, and less and less understanding."

Or, if you prefer...

"Science is the whore of industry and the handmaiden of war."

Courtesy Ed Abbey. Nice post.