Tuesday, September 2, 2008

17


I guess that makes me almost halfway to being old. To tell the truth it hasn't been a great day. mostly because of this damned sickness that has decided to set up camp in my sinuses. filling my face with something like crazy glue, and making my ears so clogged, every noise enters my head as a muffled vibration, not unlike listening to the world through the wrong end of a very uncomfortable stethoscope. Granted, there hasn't been presents and cake yet, but so far, the highlights of my day were a crisp morning commute, and a passing grade on my ap lit essay. sweet.

this weekend past was quite stellar if I may say so. went up to the high country with some friends for a good weekend of riding. met up with a jr. x racer who lives in summit, and thoroughly enjoyed the pleasure of our own private tour guide. Got shown around the local trails in a hardy ride that included an up and over the colorado and cdt trails.

sunday was the pre-ride for the fall classic course up in breck, 28 miles, and a solid lot of climbing. similar in many aspects to a backwards version of the firecracker. lung busting climbs and sweet winding singletrack included. slightly embarassing to be dropped on the descents by a jr. x girlie with a broken wrist. I could make plenty of excuses, but it doesn't mask the fact. which is, by the way, awesome. its a very long course. fun, yes, but also very long.


also some pictures from an evening run up snikta saturday from the loveland pass. 1200 feet in 25 minutes? ouchies.

No comments: