Thursday, May 24, 2007

Why...

do we keep on living our lives in the same way, when around us the earth is literally coming apart at the seams? How can nothing be done when, in a couple of years, who knows if there will be any snow to ski on. I read the National Geographic yesterday about glacial melting and it kind of freaked me out. Personally I would like to watch my grand children go skiing, and not on the sand dunes.
Considering that I am only 15 and that I will hopefully have many long years ahead of me, I'm pissed right now. Not at anyone in particular, but more at a group of people. A group of people who call themselves baby boomers. You lot are a bunch of environmentally ignorant, incompetent idiots who have done nothing but dig the world down into a grave. A grave that I am none too excited to climb out of. When you look at it, this generation has none nothing good, in my opinion, besides invent the shaped ski and inflatable bike tire. Vietnam, Korea, Kuwait, Afganistan ,Iraq, you name it, and thats only starting. Pretty much everything about the world means were fucked, and I'm not a very pessimistic person. Foreign relations, Sudanese genocide, Social security, Nuclear threats, National Debt, Stupid Politicians, Oil Crisis(b.s. ride your bikes), the list goes on and on. Gee. Thanks. Its what I've always wanted. It doesn't take that much work to not screw stuff up in the beginning, just be a tad more conscientious. I will only say this: have some respect, if not for yourself, then for your children.
I realize, of course, that i am not perfect, and I see the irony in the fact that I sit in a car for eight hours to ride my bike for two. I realize that I may not be justified to rant about world affairs. But, I have here fore taken a vow to be more conscious about my world. 18 degrees C and rising.

2 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

Fight the good fight, Sam. I'm with ya.

FixieDave said...

Is what it is.... No point in playing the blame game.

Time to figure out solutions and make something happen vs yapping about it...

Very cool blog I'll be linking to you!