Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Research and Black Death

24°C, cloudy and hot. Humid too. Went for a ride with the team today, down to the research park. I broke out the single last night and cleaned it up for the Hill Climb this weekend. There's been a creak in that bike since 24 hours of Moab last year and I just took apart the BB to figure out why. The answer? About 2 tablespoons of silt were grinding around in the shell. Cleaned it out, greased it up and put it back together. Now it works slick as a whip. I probably should have done that sooner, but better late than never. I also took all the stickers off the frame, it's still sticky in spots, but looks rather sharp. I don't have a picture of the B.A.S.S. up here yet, but I'll get on that. Anyways, took a few rounds of bermuda bump and thump and then a bit of a short track race. ST isn't really my deal, but I held with Brae, Mike, Matt, and Ann for the first four laps. I ended up losing them on the final lap, but felt alright.

This weekend is the first Winter Park race. The hill climb kick-off is always a bit of a shocker, 5.something miles with 2800+ feet of climbing on a 32x17. I'll be racing single speed, not only for the hill climb, but for the entire series. That will hurt, but I'm looking forward to it. A bonus for the series this year is the Black Death junior single speed team. The brainchild of DV8, B.D.J.S.S.T. is the newest, baddest, most punk-rock, killer team on the SS scene. Plus we've got some kick-ass jerseys.


This one is just a prototype, but it is sick none the less. It's a bit ghetto, just some massive black t-shirt from target with an iron on logo that i made on the computer. But, Makes me psyched to race so thats all good.

And plus only 2 more finals! spanish and german! whoo hoo!

1 comment:

FixieDave said...

Ghetto and singles go hand in hand!

Good stuff! Good Luck on the WP races this year!