Saturday, June 2, 2007

Whats in Your Camelback?

This post was inspired by Jill. Her story reminded me of another camelback that is filled with junk. mine. The majority of my friends have nothing good to say about my trusty backpack, that is until they need something from it. But any ways, I carry around a ton of stuff, partly because I like to be prepared, and partly because I'm to lazy to clean it out. So, here it goes, the contents of my camelback:



1 red Camelback M.U.L.E. sans bladder

Clothing:
1 Louis Garneau insulated shell jacket
1 pair of arm warmers
2 pairs of leg warmers
1 pair heavy wool socks

Food:
2 packages of Clif shot bloks
7 Clif Z-bars (4 chocolate chip, 3 chocolate brownie)
1 peanut butter clif bar
2 vanilla GU's
1 squished rasberry nutrigrain bar

Repair Items:
1 ratty old stuff sack to hold all the fix-it stuff
2 mountain bike tubes
1 Crank bros mini pump
1 tire lever
2 CO2 cartriges
1 CO2 inflator
1 crank bros 15 multi-tool
1 Leatherman tool
1 swiss army knife
1 roll of red duct tape
6 spare single speed chain links
1 set of XTR disc brake pads
1 cat-eye opticube light
6 AA batteries (for my camera, two of which are dead)
1 six inch bungee cord
1 rubber band
1 valve stem cap

Other Stuff:

1 passage analysis worksheet for Things Fall Apart
1 roll of TP in a zip-lock bag
1 large black sharpie
1 TOKO ski strap
1 lowepro camera case, with 2 batteries
1 nikon coolpix L4 digital camera
1 Black Diamond LED headlamp
1 rescue whistle
1 compass
1 opinel knife
1 zip-lock bag (to hold headlamp, whistle, compass, and knife)
1 topo map of boulder county
1 container of Rachel Perry lip lovers grape flavored lip balm
1 pair of Rudy Project sunglasses with case
1 pencil
1 red bic pen
1 small bottle of eye drops
31 cents

I would write a commentary on these items, but I think that it speaks for its self. This camelback has traveled literaly thousands of miles with me, been to above 14,000 feet at least 4 times, competed in one randonee race and has been my most constant companion on the majority of my adventures over the last several years.

1 comment:

FixieDave said...

Wouldn't have pegged you as a co2 user... Pump is far more reliable =)

Good stuff! The end of the week i'll be posting my gdr kit...