Sunday, July 22, 2007

Leadville Silver Rush

Yesterday was, as a fellow rider called it, a constant beatdown. 50 miles of rugged mining roads. The wonderful joy of the Leadville silver rush. It was a fairly good race for me. I dropped a ton of time from last year, and placed inside the top 40. which was cool. I also got to witness some really impressive riding. Brae Patten, at sixteen years of age, brought out the big guns and came across the line in second. Another junior rider coming in top twenty. And Brae's younger sister, Ellen completing her first 50 miler in high style.

Although I managed to do alright, there was a serious lack of something going on. The race course, scenery, and weather were, as usual, spectacular. But there was no vibe with my ride. Granted, I hadn't ridden the Orbea since CB, so that probably has something to do with it. But a vibration in the rear wheel prevented any flow on the descents. It was super fun, dont get me wrong, it just felt like there was something in the way of the connection between me and my bike. Something like 26 extra gears.

3 comments:

Jill Homer said...

Sounds like a solid race just the same. Congratulations!

Molly's Blog said...

Brae is my big brother and ellen is my big sister!!!!!!! They are so amazing!!!!!

Molly's Blog said...

OH!!!! YOUR SAM!!!! NO WAY!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOMEONE ELSE!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cool. this is molly by the way!!!!