Monday, July 9, 2007

ofs

A weekend of fun singlespeeding in winter park. Didn't put any effort into the race and finished only two spots down on my previous standing. Go figure. It was still fun though. A nice break from the pain of the Firecracker and some fun riding yesterday as well. Good time on the bianchi. I still dont have any snap in my legs, but I'm feeling stronger, so thats good. Leadville silver rush in less than two weeks time.

There have been some rumors of late mentioning the "death" of singlespeeding. The idea that riding a bicycle with one gear is perishing before our very eyes. I think not. Maybe some day it will be, but not right now anyways. My argument is the twenty riders who showed up last saturday for the Winter Park race. Sure, some may say "psssh. only twenty riders" or "those guys aren't real singlespeeders any ways". But when the shit hits the fan, those guys were out there riding, ofs. I dont know if the "death" of such riding is a bad thing, or in my opinion a good thing. But 1x1'ers are a hardy bunch, and they're not going down without a fight.

No comments: