Thursday, July 12, 2007

A ride in ned

Quite a solid ride yesterday with dv8 up in Ned. On the bus up it hit me that this was the first time in over six months that I have ridden up there. Which is far too long. Last summer, I was ridding up there at least three days a week sometimes more. Circumstances changed, not really for the better, and now, well... not a whole lot of riding in the highlands. I think yesterday kinda rekindled my interest in the whole deal. I would like to try and ride up there at least twice a week from now till school starts.

I was a bit worried about whether or not I would remember anything more than the high school trail, but as I started riding, things came back. That is until the second climb of the day. I somehow managed to completely forget the pain that particular jeep road inflicts. That combined with the lack of life in my legs made it feel like i was riding a 53x11 rather than a thirtytwoseventeen. But, it was still fun, and burritos a the top was well worth it.

I got some new tires, a karma and a small block eight. Heading up to SC for the weekend, but no riding in the schedule. A report on that when i get back.

No comments: